Monday 31 December 2012

Decision Made!

Oh, I tried, dear Readers. I really did. The majority of you voted for wine Holborn and I really wanted to move into it too. In fact, I did move into it, even before the poll officially closed. I moved all my cards and my cash across and I did all my goals to projects to next-action sheets. I made up all my monthly task-sheets for 2013 and all the weekly task-sheets for January and designed my own DPP and printed out a couple of week’s worth… everything!

And then I made the error of deciding, as I had Word open and was in the design-a-diary mood, I would make an equivalent DPP for the Mulberry, since it was so economical with paper and cutting and all… just in case...

And as soon as I had made the DPP sheets, punched them and put them in, I promptly moved ALL my cards and cash and everything back into the Mulberry, then replicated all the new goals to projects to next-action sheets, made up monthly task-sheets, made up weekly task-sheets… everything!

No, I don’t understand it either. The Mulberry doesn’t have enough pockets. It’s a sod to get cards into (and out of at times). It’s a red which doesn’t have quite enough blue in it. And it’s so shiny.

And every single time I have moved out and said, “I’m sorry. It’s you, not me. I just don’t love you enough…” it casts a spell on me and within moments I am saying, “Oh, no. You misunderstood me. Let me move back in immediately? Please?”

So, for the time being (at least), it would seem that I’m sticking with Red! The wine Holborn has joined the massive filofax party in the bottom sodding drawer of the bureau! (see this post for where that line comes from!!)

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!

    The bottom drawer will be partying tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more conventional easy letdown goes "It's not you, it's me". LoL.

    That said, the Mulberry is a sweet binder, and this has been a great series of posts - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Gerard
      Oh, I know! ;-)
      The Mulberry is lovely. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  3. I can't understand all the fuss about the Holborn (or indeed quite a lot of the binders apart from the Osterley and the Chameleon - not that I am biased at all ....) But there is nothing, nothing at all quite so divine as a Mulberry. Should you decide to consign your Mulberry to the soddy filofax party in the bottom drawer of the bureau do please consider letting me adopt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year & I'm glad you've made your decision (for now) :) I think the wine Holborn is lovely but Red is stunning. I hope the filofax party had fun celebrating the new year too.

    ReplyDelete